Today, I'm continuing my recent spate of loose-end-tying in Rktcr with some code tweaks, graphics adjustments, and new challenge levels.
I finished up a few challenge level ideas I had been playing with. I don't want to say too much about these, lest I clue the solutions, but these are definitely worthy of their "tricky" label.
The flat blue background of the challenges was starting to look ugly, so I added a crumpled paper texture (an actual scan of an actual sheet of my scrap paper, in fact). I don't think it's quite right yet (I should pull some sort of normal map out of that paper photo), but at least it breaks up the monotony of the background a bit.
Since there are now five possible car sprites, I decided to add part scrambling. This allows for exponentially more unique vehicle appearances.