Rktcr's third demo is now available, (actually it was out yesterday, which you would know if you followed me on twitter) with improved future visualization, a new example world, snappier dialog, and a host of little tweaks and improvements.
I'll get into just what (some of) those tweaks and improvements were in a moment. Before that, let me strongly encourage you to:
Like previous demos, this demo corresponds to a full version (from which the above screenshots are drawn).
Unlike previous demos, you should be able to actually buy this full version...
now, over at Desura.
The price is $5 for early adopters, and will increase to $10 in about a month.
- Future visualization is drawn using full wheels instead of lines; collision and rotation are now much easier to gauge.
- The example world has been changed to feature levels that showcase each core movement mechanic in the game (and happen to include some of the new levels).
- Dialog included with the demo is a different plot than previous demos, and has been re-written in a much less verbose [though perhaps not less unique] style.
- Gems have individual appearances.
- Font size for challenge levels and team names is larger.
- Times now typeset with lighter leading zeros (slight readability improvement).
- Portal glimmers and flame particles fade when travelling.
- Gems do not change colors when travelling. (Though, for reasons of temporal mechanics, objects may still appear to shift when moving backward in time through a portal. Time's weird like that.)
- VSYNC enabled.